Inca Trail To Machu Picchu 5 Days 4 Nights
DAY 1: Cusco – KM 82 Piscacucho – Miskay – Wayllabamba camp.
We will pick you up from your hotel at 06:00 am in our Private transportation to go to Ollantaytambo town to have breakfast in there which belong to “Sacred Valley of the Incas ” then we continue for one more hour traveingl until kilometer82 Piskacucho, which is the control point and the begining of the trail.
We begin our walk getting to Llactapata an areaarchaeological that stands out for its terraces. Then after 40 more minutes We will have lunch in Tarayok town, after a short break siesta time, we will restart our walk towards Wayllabamba where we will have dinner and at the same time will be our camp site, then your tour guide will give the plan for the next day, after that you will go to bed.
DAY 2.- Wayllabamba – Dead Woman Pass – Paqaymayu camp.
After breakfast we start our hike to the highest point of the Inca Trail, where we can observe different microclimates going from the rain forest of Yuncachimpa where we will have
Lunch, after lunch We will continue to the top of the Dead Woman Pass at 4200 meters 13779 ft, in this beautiful viewpoint we will have beautiful landscapes to observe. After a break
we will restart the walk towards to Paqaymayu where it will be Our camp site, dinner at night and then your tor guide will give the plan for the next day, after that You will go to bed.
DAY 3.- Paqaymayu – Chaquicocha – Puyupatamarka
After breakfast we will start walking for about 1 hour to the archaeological complex of Runkurakay.Then after one more hour hiking We will get to Runkurakay Pass at 3941 meters or 12929 ft, after to enjoy the view and the pictures We will continue the walk descending
towards the archaeological site of Sayakmarca, where our professional guide will explain the
culture and the history of the place, we will continue to Chaquicocha where we will enjoy
a delicious lunch, then after lunch and continuing with hike We will get to Phuyupatamarca Pass 3700 meters 12 200 ft, place that will be Our camp site, then dinner will be at 07:00 pm and after dinner you will get the plan for the next day, and then You will go to bed.
DAY 4.- Puyupatamarka – Wiñaywayna – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes town overnight
After breakfast you will enjoy the sunrise around the mountains, you will have the opportunity to observe the Machu Picchu mountain and the whole Urubamba Valley, after enjoying the view we will start walking towards the next camp for lunch Wiñaywayna, descending 1000 meters (3280 ft) in 3 and a half hours, once We will be in Wiñaywayna we will have lunch, and after a nap we will visit the Wiñaywayna complex considered as small Machu Picchu, then we will go to the sun gate, walking that will last 1 hour, from the sun gate we will have the first view of Machu Picchu, we will take many photos and then we will start going down to the city of Machu Picchu, we will arrive at the place for the postcard photos, enjoying the view of Machu Picchu in the afternoon, then we will board the bus that will take us to Aguas Calientes or (Machu Pichu village), we will arrive at our hotel and at 19:00 we will have dinner included in a tuistist restaurant, after dinner the guide will give you the information for the next day that will be the visit of Machu Picchu citadel in the First group.
DAY 5.- Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu citadel – Cusco City
Very early We will wait in line to board the bus that will take Us to Machu Picchu citadel, once We arrive at Machu Picchu and after passing the control We will start our tour that will last approximately 2 and a half hours, then You will have your free time in Machu Picchu by yourself to take more pictures, options a 1-hour walk round trip from Machu Picchu to the Inka bridge, or part of the free time to meditate observing the view of the Urubamba Valley, then you will board the bus to Aguas Calientes town for lunch and wait for the train schedule to return Us to Ollantaytambo town approximately 2 hours by train, once in Ollantaytambo train station our private transport will wait for You to transport You to Cusco city straight your hotel, and end of our services.
What is Included in the trek
- Pick up from your hotel by your tour guide.
- Transfer to the start of your trek, KM 82
- Professional English speaking tour guide
- Entrance fee to the Inca Trail National Park
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu Archaeological Santuary
- Porters to carry all the equipment, tents, food, cooking gear, and dining tents.
- Permits and entrance fees for our porters and cooks
- 3 breakfasts, 4 snacks, 4 lunches, 3 happy hours, and 4 dinners. All of these meals are prepared by our cook and his assistant.
- Coca tea served each morning in your tent for a gentle start to the day
- Boiled water after breakfast, lunch and dinner to refill your water bottles.
- Happy hour including hot drinks such as mate de coca and locally grown coffee which is prepared by our cook.
- Snacks every morning.
- Oxygen tank and first aid kit.
- Vegetarian food and specialized diets on request.
- 2 people per tent (4 man tents, clean, waterproof)
- All the equipment including dining tents and personal tents.
- 2 or 3 hrs guided tour of Machu Picchu.
- Bus ticket from Machu Picchu down to Aguas Calientes village day 4
- Bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu Citadel up and down.
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes town to Ollantaytambo then by bus to Cusco.
What is not Included
- Sleeping Bag (you can rent from Salkantay Cusco Trek office)
- Trekking poles (you can rent from Salkantay Cusco Trek office)
- First breakfast
- Last lunch in Aguas Calientes
- Original passport
- ISIC card(www.isic.org) if it is applicable (needs to be sent at the time of your booking)
- Day Pack
- Sleeping bag (you can rent from our company)
- Hiking boots and sandals (very important)
- Trekking poles (you can rent from our company)
- Warm clothes: layers for variable temperatures, especially at night. Thermals/Gloves/scarves: wool socks /wool hat for cold nights: About 4 T-shirts for the entire trek
- Head lamp (very important)
- Camera and extra batteries
- Sunscreen/hat and sunglasses
- Personal medical kit
- Insect repellent
- Rain Gear: a good rain jacket and rain pants and plastic rain poncho.
- Toilet paper
- Small towel
- Camel bag – if not you can take plastic bottles for water
- Extra money for drinks & tips, souvenirs, etc (soles or dollars) At least 200 extra soles
- Bathing clothes for the hot springs (optional) Recommended for those who stay extra night.
USD $000.00 per person.
Student Discount: US$30 (Requires ISIC Card to qualify)
- Huayna Picchu permit US$ 65
- Sleeping Bag US$25
- Walking Pole US$20
- Inflatable Mattress US$25
- Single Tent Supplement US$75
- Personal Porter (half) to carry 7kg of personal items US$75
- Full Porter to carry 14kg of personal items US$150